poniedziałek, 25 marca 2019

Various syntactic constructions

Verbal negation


Haad io hídah.
[3.PL MASC-have eat-INF]
[haːd jo hídah]
They are (now) obliged to eat.

Haad na io hídah.
[3.PL MASC-have eat-INF]
[haːd na jo hídah]
They (now) are not obliged to eat.

Habitual aspect


Łeékha pulam moól.
[dog water-ACC MASC-drink]
[ɬéːkʰa pulam móːl]
The dog is drinking water.

Łeékha pulam moólni du.
[dog water-ACC drink-GER MASC-be]
[ɬéːkʰa pulam móːlni du]
The dog is drinking water regularly/many times.

Passive voice


Ghuúr sálpam híd.
[horse apple-ACC MASC-eat]
[ɰúːr sálpam híd]
The horse eats the apple.

Sálpa ghuúrar hídag.
[Apple horse-DAT MASC-eat-PASS]
[sálpa ɰúːrar hídag]
The apple is eaten by horse.

Impersonal construction


Tólgaab tolgunií dzókhṣemagia.
[large.stone-NOM small.stone-INSTR MASC-beat-through-PASS-IMPERS]
[tólgaːb tolguníː d͡zókʰʃemagja]
A large stone crashes with a small stone.

Causative voice


Tháme dzálam goónaḥ-so dẓoółał.
[man woman-ACC river-LOC-in MASC-sink-CAUS]
[tʰáme d͡zálam góːnax so d͡ʒóːɬaɬ]
The man is drowning a woman in the river.

Tháme pulaḥ-so se dẓoółał.
[man water-LOC-in REFL.PRON MASC-sink-CAUS]
[tʰáme pulax so se d͡ʒóːɬaɬ]
The man is drowning in the water.

Ditransitive construction


Me tur phátsim gúdnat.
[ I thou-DAT fruit-ACC MASC-give-PST-PERF]
[me tur pʰát͡sim gúdnat]
I gave you a fruit.

Tu mer phátsim gúdnat.

[Thou I-DAT fruit-ACC MASC-give-PST-PERF]
[tu mer pʰát͡sim gúdnat]
You gave me a fruit.

Me hanar phátsim gúdnat.
[ I 3.SG.PERS.PRON-DAT fruit-ACC MASC-give-PST-PERF]
[me hanar pʰát͡sim gúdnat]
I gave him a fruit.

Han mer phátsim gúdnat.
[3.SG.PERS.PRON I-DAT fruit-ACC MASC-give-PST-PERF]
[han mer pʰát͡sim gúdnat]
He gave me a fruit.

Copular verb and predicate nominals


Han tłaalerá du.
[3.SG.PERS.PRON fisherman MASC-be]
[han t͡ɬaːlerá du]
He is (a) fisherman.

Han tṣángag.
[3.SG.PERS.PRON MASC-become.strong-PASS]
[han t͡ʃáŋag]
He is strong.

Han méra násto du.
[S.SG.PERS.PRON I-POSS husband MASC-be]
[han méra násto du]
He is my husband.

Han méraḥ caánaḥ-so.
[3.SG.PERS.PRON I-POSS-LOC house-LOC-in]
[han mérax cáːnax so]
He is at/in my house.

Serial verbs constructions


Han keétkum haāghnat gácah.
[3.SG.PERS.PRON knife-ACC MASC-come-PST-PERF take-INF]
[han kéːtkum háːɰnat gácah]
He came to take the knife.

Comparative constructions


Bughá bótsotṣ tṣángag.
[Bull wolf-ABL become.strong-PASS]
[buɰá bót͡sot͡ʃ t͡ʃáŋag]
Bull is stronger than wolf'

Superlative construction


Ia tháme iatṣ seélotṣ maáte lókog.
[This.here man this.here-ABL army-ABL all become.high-PASS]
[ja tʰáme jat͡ʃ séːlot͡ʃ maáte lókog]
This (here) man is highest from the army.

Predicate noun construction


Me tháme du.
[I-SG man MASC-be]
[me tʰáme du]
I am a man.

Possession


Meḥ-khaa łeékha du.
[I-LOC-near dog MASC-be]
[mex kʰaː ɬéːkʰa du]
I have (a) dog.

Constructions with modal verbs


Me ias thámes-ḥa kónas bóḥah.
[I this.here-GEN man-GEN-on MASC-would-FUT speak-INF]
[me jas tʰámes xa kónas bóxah]
I would speak about this man.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz